The virtualization revolution has taken larger enterprises and data center environments by storm in recent years.
The ROI on virtualization is usually a no-brainer, as the benefits soon reach the organization’s bottom line:
- Consolidating servers and user systems saves energy (several hundred dollars a year per server),
- Reduce the number of physical assets to support (IT man-hours, direct costs like warranty contracts),
- Simplifies IT’s job of managing the hosted systems and infrastructure,
- Reduces backup and recovery time,
- Increases the speed with which new systems can be brought online
More and more smaller organizations are finding virtualization practical as well, typically as the time comes to replace the old main server(s).
ProMAS directly assists end users in deploying cost-effective host/storage solutions, including the related software support if needed.
Our favorite infrastructure host, the Intel Modular Server, offers IT a flexible and cost-effective way to service physical server, virtual server or mixed hosting needs.
Intel Modular Server : Product Brief
ProMAS Case Study: AR Valley Electric Cooperative
Read VMware’s whitepaper, “Making the Business Case for Virtualization“
Contact us for more information.