SonicWALL was named the 2011 CRN Annual Report Card Gold Award winner (read article) in Network Security Appliances, beating out competitors like Cisco, Juniper, McAfee and Fortinet.
ProMAS chose SonicWALL as our primary security partner in 2004, as a Unified Threat Management solution for our SMB, Education and Government clientele at that time. We believe it offers the most in useful UTM features, performance, manageability and affordability. Internet bandwidth controls limit employee, student or patron abuses; deep packet inspection of IP traffic entering your network (including HTTPS traffic) for viruses and other unwanted traffic protects your users and critical data; web content filtering by category makes for a safer Internet experience. SonicWALL has since made strides into Enterprise NSA products, Continuous Data Protection and SSL-VPN appliances for the distributed workforce.
What’s New in SonicOS 5.8 for NSA users?
- In Layman’s Terms – Provides the ability to monitor and manage Internet activity, in real time, by user or site category, revealing the applications in use and bandwidth consumption. Bandwidth management and firewall rules permits IT to ensure core business applications are adequately supported, not taking a back seat to media streaming, personal networking, etc.
- Application Intelligence, Control and Visualization –Utilizes a continuously expanding database consisting of over 3,000 applications and leverages SonicWALL’s Reassembly-Free Deep Packet Inspection™ (RFDPI) technology for low latency, high performance deployments.
- Content Filtering Enhancements – Provides administrators more granular, flexible, and powerful content policy including the ability to define heterogeneous application bandwidth management policies that utilize both website categorization and application identification.
- NetFlow/IPFIX (Internet Protocol Flow Information Export) – Flexible, extensible, and open flow export protocol that enables any network monitoring solution to leverage SonicWALL’s Application Identification and Visualization.
- Port Aggregation/Link Redundancy – Combines multiple one-gigabit interfaces enabling visualization and control in multi-gigabit deployments.
WAN Acceleration Appliance (WXA) Series
The SonicWALL WAN Acceleration Appliance (WXA) Series reduces application latency and conserves bandwidth, significantly enhancing WAN application performance and improving the end user experience for small- to medium-sized organizations with remote and branch offices. Deployed in conjunction with a SonicWALL E-Class Network Security Appliance (NSA), NSA or TZ Unified Threat Management (NGFW) Firewall and Application Intelligence and Control Service, the WXA offers the unique combined benefit of prioritizing application traffic and minimizing it between sites, resulting in optimal network performance.
See SonicWALL’s new WAN Acceleration Appliance series: http://www.sonicwall.com/us/products/WXA_Series.html
SonicWALL is our #1 network security and data protection products vendor as a result of multiple successes with their product lines over the years. ProMAS has received recognition from SonicWALL as one the top partners in our region (Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana & Arkansas). Our extended team of System Engineers and Certified SonicWALL Security Administrators service local markets throughout Arkansas, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, Tulsa, and Atlanta GA.