ProMAS first partnered with SonicWALL (now a Dell security solution) in 2004. Our goal was to provide our SMB, Education and Government clientele a quality, affordable Unified Threat Management solution. Our field engineers and Customer IT personnel agree that it offers a manageable solution for everyday needs such as:
- Internet bandwidth controls to limit employee, student or patron abuses.
- Deep packet inspection of IP traffic entering your network (including HTTPS traffic) for viruses and other unwanted traffic.
- Web content filtering by category, for a safer Internet experience and CIPA compliance (Education end users).
What does today’s SonicOS offer?
- In Layman’s Terms – Provides the ability to monitor and manage Internet activity, in real time, by user or site category, revealing the applications in use and bandwidth consumption. Bandwidth management and firewall rules permits IT to ensure core business applications are adequately supported, not taking a back seat to media streaming, personal networking, etc.
- Application Intelligence, Control and Visualization –Utilizes a continuously expanding database consisting of applications and leverages Dell-SonicWALL’s patented Reassembly-Free Deep Packet Inspection™ (RFDPI) technology for low latency, high performance deployments.
- Content Filtering Enhancements - Provides administrators more granular, flexible, and powerful content policy including the ability to define heterogeneous application bandwidth management policies that utilize both website categorization and application identification.
- NetFlow/IPFIX (Internet Protocol Flow Information Export) - Flexible, extensible, and open flow export protocol that enables any network monitoring solution to leverage Dell-SonicWALL’s Application Identification and Visualization.
- Port Aggregation/Link Redundancy - Combines multiple one-gigabit interfaces enabling visualization and control in multi-gigabit deployments.
WAN Acceleration Appliance (WXA) Series
The Dell-SonicWALL WAN Acceleration Appliance (WXA) Series reduces application latency and conserves bandwidth, significantly enhancing WAN application performance and improving the end user experience for small- to medium-sized organizations with remote and branch offices. Deployed in conjunction with a Dell-SonicWALL E-Class Network Security Appliance (NSA), NSA or TZ Unified Threat Management (NGFW) Firewall and Application Intelligence and Control Service, the WXA offers the unique combined benefit of prioritizing application traffic and minimizing it between sites, resulting in optimal network performance.
See Dell-SonicWALL’s new WAN Acceleration Appliance series: http://www.sonicwall.com/us/products/WXA_Series.html
With Dell’s recent acquisition of SonicWALL, ProMAS now provides presales consulting, deployment/training services and post-sale consulting support to Dell’s larger Customer base throughout our region (Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana & Arkansas) and across the country.